Step 2 of 5
Review Entry Requirements
To be considered for an offer to a program, applicants are required to meet all the entry requirements.
For all our programs, applicant should
You should contact your advisory professor.
You should also meet a Language Requirement when you graduate.
Applicants should satisfy at least one of the following conditions.
- You and both your parents must have foreign citizenship.
- Not eligible if you or any of your parents hold Korean dual-citizenship.
- Taiwanese applicants are eligible even if one of the parents holds Korean citizenship.
- You must hold a foreign citizenship (not Korean dual-citizenship) and must have completed or expect to complete all your primary and secondary education (equivalent to Year 12 qualification in Korea) fully outside of Korea
Master or Combined Program
Master’s or Combined program applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or a level of education equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree.
Doctoral program applicants must hold a Master’s degree or a level of education equivalent to a Master’s degree.
Applicants who are expected to graduate at the time of applying must submit the degree certificate (or diploma) by October 1st, 2020 at the latest.
In case an applicant fails to submit the above mentioned document, the admission will be cancelled.**
If you are enrolled at a university in Korea at the time of applying, you need to drop the university before enrolled at UOU. Otherwise, the admission will be cancelled.
Language Requirement (Admission)
- TOPIK Level 4 or higher [General Majors]
- TOPIK Level 3 or higher [Engineering & Science Major]
- UOU Korean Program Level 5 or higher [General Majors]
- UOU Korean Program Level 4 or higher [Engineering & Science Majors]
- TOEFL iBT 71 or higher [General Majors]
- TOEFL iBT 56 or higher [Engineering & Science Majors]
- IELTS 5.5 or higher [General Majors]
- IELTS 4.5 or higher [Engineering & Science Majors]
- TOEIC 700 or higher [General Majors]
- TOEIC 500 or higher [Engineering & Science Majors]
- CET Level 6 or higher [General Majors]
- CET Level 4 or higher [Engineering & Science Majors]
- Citizens of countries where English is the official language by the Korean Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Contact your advisory professor
An applicant should contact a professor of the major and get an approval to submit an application as the advisory professor decides to offer scholarship or not.
Language Requirement (Graduation)
Students studying in Korean
- TOPIK Level 4 [General Majors]
- TOPIK Level 5 [Korean Language Education for Foreigners]
Students studying in English
- TOPIK Level 1
- Completing 100-hour Korean Language courses at UOU